Satellite vs. HQ: HQ
Non-Beer Options?: Yes - Cider, Ginger Beer
Food Options: In house
Google Rating: 4.4/5
Yelp Rating: 4/5
Untappd Rating: 3.66/5
Normalized Rating: 28.30/100 (30th)
Website: https://www.unknownbrewing.com/
Area: Upper Southend
Address: 1327 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28203
My Evaluation
Beer Rating: 1/5
Atmosphere Rating: 2/5
Overall Rating: 1.5/5
Evaluation: Between the start of this blog and the drafting this post, Unknown Brewing has permanently closed and will be replaced by HopFly Brewing (let's hope HopFly can fair better). Instead of piling on, I'm going to keep this post relatively short.
Frankly, Unknown was a below average brewery with a decent location, and I was not surprised when they closed. I've never had a beer from Unknown that I would consider above average, and I've never met anyone who would call Unknown their favorite brewery (or even one of their favorites for that matter).
Its existence was heavily tied to being the closest brewery to Uptown, Bank of America Stadium, etc. rather than brewing good beer. They had pretty decent real estate, but the building itself felt kind of odd and misplaced as a brewery. Unknown also had some decent events, like the annual chili cookoff, and had good pizza via Passport Pizza. All-in-all, Unknown is low on my list, but I am still sorry to see a Charlotte mainstay in the brewery scene close.


Comments
Post a Comment